• In the Spotlight:

Seriously, about them 72 virgins?

I know it is not true and made up and all but where did it come from? I find it kind of a perverse practice, but where did the idea of killing yourself along with innocent people give you a reward...any kind of reward?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL @ Aasiyah! Anyone who ask a question about the Catholic perhaps they should read the Bible and the entire Catechism and Church doctrines then they can ask a question? If you want to know about a protestant religion you must read all about the protestant reformation first?

There are many hypocrites among us. I understand what others are saying about Christians be held to another standard.

Your hate is showing!
    Anonymous

• Hold up there Buddy... Not everyone believes this stuff, Muslim or not. Not all Muslims are bad and I think you really need to do some studying before asking this type of OFFENSIVE question. It was a made up excuse for extremists. Not something all Muslims believe or support. Your question is not clearly defined and I find it very OFFENSIVE. Please do some studying. These types of people are EXTREMISTS. It is because of uneducated people like yourself that start crap and make it hard for the world to live in peace. Down sparky.
    Anonymous

• I never even said ANYTHING about muslims... so YOU HOLD UP BUDDY! I asked how it came about. Maybe you should read a question before barking out your ass.
    Anonymous

• Anon 33, PWND.
    Anonymous

• OK I see, we can joke and make fun of Christians and their idea of hell but we cannot ask an honest question about the origins of a practice.
    Anonymous

• The 72 virgin idea is an American idea. I think it started with Hugh Heffner.
    Anonymous

• are you being serious anon :40? Why did he start the idea? Why do say American but the first mom (who is very rude) says muslim?
    Anonymous

• It was basically a recruiting technique made up or "found" depending on who you ask, by some extremist groups. The idea that you will be rewarded for fighting for the right side has existed for quite some time, is not specifically religious, and face it, is a good recruiting technique. It is important to note that the people being killed in such attacks are not considered innocent most of the time, and if they are innocents who accidentally get killed they will be rewarded as well, so it is a win-win situation in theory.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:46 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Perhaps you should read the Quran, study with the scholars, learn the ahadiths and then come back and ask this question.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:59 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Killing yourself, is not a mean of attaining anything other than hell fire.
    Anonymous