Hummus? Anyone...Anyone.....

Okay, so my DD just recently tried a free sample of hummus at the grocery store and well....she....uh.....loved it?...(as I type I have a puzzled expression on my face). She is not one to try new things and even at that to try roasted garlic hummus, don't get me wrong I think its great that she likes it, but I was wondering....Does anyone have a great kid friendly hummus recipe they can share with me?
Thanks in Advance!

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 1:53 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hummus is a great food. When my daughter was one, she had hummus mixed with a hard boiled egg every day (until she was about 4). Still one of her favorite foods, she is happy munching on carrots dipped in hummus.
    The great debate is cumin or not. This is my favorite; even better with home cooked chickpeas.

2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, or 3 cups home cooked
    1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
    6 tablespoons lemon juice
    3 garlic cloves, pressed
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    salt and pepper

Drain beans and reserve the liquid when you do so. Blend it along with the other ingredients and 1/4 cup of the liquid. Process until the mixture is smooth. Add liquid until the desired consistency is reached. Adjust seasonings alongwith more cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I also a tablespoon or more of good olive oil.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Anonymous