Hosting my first sleepover need help

I need some ideas. DD daughters birthday is May 5 she will be 9. We are only inviting one little girl and I am terrified I will not make a lasting memory for DD. Please help.

twilite2000

Asked by twilite2000 at 2:00 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Get some nail polish and kids face masks and have a little spa. If you can afford it take them out to have a mani/pedi if her mom doesn't mind or have their nails painted. Ask your daughter what she would like, dinner a movie, going to the mall and buying something special. Let them have a say in what you do so it is more memorable for your daughter. If she is into water parks or amusement parks you could surprise her with it. Just ask the other childs mother if its okay and if she would send her with so much money. Good luck and Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:43 PM on May. 3, 2009

• first off.... relax! If your only inviting one, you should be able to pull off a pretty good evening. If you invite more, be sure to invite 3. (two is company 3 is a crowd, w/ 4 each girl has a partner, hopefully!)

What I do when my DD has slumber parties is this... we rent a movie and buy popcorn and movie theater type snacks for that. I also try to make cupcakes and we have a decorate your own cupcake time. That is always a big hit! Bedtime is usually goggles and talking for at least two hours after "lights-out". I keep an ear out for them to get too loud, (I have two younger ones in the house) but I generally just let them chat until the fall asleep.

If you have the time and the girls like pancakes, you can do decorate your own pancakes in the morning. I put out chocolate syrup, whip cream, sprinkles, and what ever is left from the cupcakes the night before (except the frosting)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:44 PM on May. 3, 2009

• LOL.... I meant Giggles at bedtime :-)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:45 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Don't worry at all and don't push the "having fun" thing. Let them make pizza for dinner (either make dough or use tortillas or english muffins); watch movies, play games, giggle. Leave a healthy snack in the refrigerator, like carrots and hummus. Sleep with earplugs.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My daughter will be 9 on May 6! We had her best friend stay the night yesterday. They made pizza bagels themselves. Then, we did a really cool art project. I bought two of the cardboard "hat boxes" in the craft dept at Walmart. They were $2 each. They cut out pics from magazines and glued them all over mosaic style. Then, we mod-podged over that. (Also in craft dept. or Elmer's glue works to). Now they both have new treasure boxes. They really had fun and it kept them occupied for a couple hours.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 6:43 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My daughter had a slumber party for her 10th birthday. We had 14 for the party and 11 for the sleepover. I ordered pizza, bought nail decals and bon bon nail polish at Walmart, we did makeovers, and had a karaoke contest, we let the girl's build their own sundaes with different syrups, fruits, cookies candies, whipped cream. we also took photos of the girls throughout the party and made craft foam picture frames they could put their picture in as a keepsake. The idea is to keep them busy so they don't have time to drive you insane. The next morning we made scrambled eggs, sausage links, and pancakes for b-fast. Everyone had a blast.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 4:21 PM on May. 4, 2009