breast pumps

i recently registered for some basics and i had no idea what to pick as far as breast feeding items. what breast pumps have you all used that you recommend?

kristinmj

Asked by kristinmj at 2:32 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anything electronically. I had a hand one that I hated. I ended up going and getting a double electric pump from the grocery store pharmacy and rented it.
    Anonymous

• I f you plan on using the pump a lot I'd go for a double electric. I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced and I love it. I used it for a year while BF DS and I'm using it now that I'm BF DD and I don't have any problem and I'll probably use it for my next child.(which actually kinda sucks....I wanted to get the new hands free one, but I won't spend the money if this one works)
    If you are planning being a SAHM and not really using bottle then get a single electric.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:39 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Your profile says you're working part time. In your case, I'd go for a double electric. Medela Pump in Style or Ameda Purely Yours.

No cheap pumps, please. No Gerber, no Evenflo, no First Years. All have abysmal track records.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 PM on May. 3, 2009

• The Medela Pump is great. Go for the double electric.
    jjspringer

Answer by jjspringer at 1:47 AM on May. 4, 2009