2+ kids? Would you do it again? Honestly!?!?

Love to hear HONEST input from others. Here's my situation. I'm 34, married with a 16-month old. I worked FT but now I'm a SAHM. I will return to work in about a yr. We thought we'd have just one, but it has been such an amazing experience we started talking about trying for another since I'll be home another yr anyway. But, today, I questioned whether I could do it. When my DS went down for a nap, I wanted to do the same. I'm fighting a cold or something. But, I looked around and my house is horrible! As I was trying to get his lunch ready and do laundry, I really started questioning whether I could handle another. Am I overreacting? What about the around the clock nursing of a NB while trying to take care of another? I'd love to try but the thought is overwhelming me now. Would you do it again? Love to hear your input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you're asking yourself all the right questions. More kids don't just "blend in". They are all so (wonderfully) different, that you WILL indeed have 2 separate children to care for with all their individual needs. It's okay to NOT want more than one. Most of my friends have made a conscious effort to not have any!!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:57 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yes I would! I have 3, they are a lot of work and can often drive me crazy but I couldn't imagine my life being any different!
    Ofcourse there are days that you may feel like how do I do this or how would I manage.... You just do somehow.
    Good luck with your decision!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:58 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My boys are 13 months apart and I would do it again in a heart beat. Yes, my house is a mess most of the time. I am currently working full time and DH and I cannot keep up with everything but the important things, wash, dishes and of course playing with our boys get done. Number 3 is due in August and I will be a sahm. I am really looking forward to it. I, like you, am wondering about nursing. DH really wants me to but I am hesitant because I don't want to take time from the boys. But I did nurse my second for awhile while having a 13 month old and it worked out fine. Things will be crazy, but it will all be worth it in the end. You just have to take one day at a time.
    Anonymous

• I have 4 kids and I would do it again with all of them. I even had 3 in just over 2 years, all by c-sections and I would still do it again in a heartbeat. I learned long ago, though, that the house and all that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. My house is never clean and I really don't care any more. It isn't a disaster but there is always clutter and stuff that needs to be swept up. There are always dirty dishes in the sink and laundry that needs to be done, etc. As long as there are some clean forks and plates and enough clean underwear to go around then I'm happy.
    And I choose nap over housework every time, lol. Mommy needs to rest, too. My kids are 8, 7, 6 and 3 now so they pretty much take care of themselves. They are outside playing right now...ahh blissful quiet.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:01 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Heck No. I had both my kids by the age of 24. I raised my girls and both were out of the house at 19. That means at the age of 41, I was free to do what I wanted again. No. I would have it no other way! I do have grandchildren now, but I am still young enough to have a lot of fun with them. I never wanted to be that old grandma. I want to have as much fun with my grandchildren as I did with my kids. I am having the time of my life now. I travel and It's wonderful!
    Anonymous

• my boys are 17.5 months apart. it was difficult, at first, but you learn how to manage. i've always wanted my kids close in age, and i've even started thing about the next one lol (my oldest will be 2 in june!)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 3:05 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I have 3 kids. I think we're done. However it would not be the end of the world if it happened.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I liked it enough I had a 3rd. He is 14 and by far the easiest of them all. We are having a ball.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:04 PM on May. 3, 2009

• well i have two SKs and one baby of my own. she is 10 months. my SS will be enterring full day kindergarten next year. i know that i want another baby of my own eventually, but not for a little while. we are not in a position to have another baby right now. we dont have enough to take care of the bills we have let alone having another baby.

however, i think multiple kids are great!

and your house will be okay. its hard. there is always going to be something to do. and it will always feel like there isn't enough time in a day. so just take it day by day. and get done what you can. once you get a rhythm i bet you will feel better.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:52 PM on May. 3, 2009