Please I need help with anxiety and panic attacks!

This is such a hard thing to deal with I have been having panic attacks for 7 years. 4 years ago i started taking celexa for them things got a lot better. After 2 yrs of taking it I got off the meds b/c I was feeling better. The effects of comming off the meds were horriable. I stayed off them for the last 2 years then I had a trauma happen this Feb. Now they are back and just a bad if not worse as they were before. My doctor gave me zoloft for them but I'm affraid to start taking it b/c of the side effects. I dont like taking meds in the first place I am a beleaver in mind over matter. But sometimes I cant control it. Anyone have any advice for me! even herbal advice would be great.

onefizzysoda

Asked by onefizzysoda at 2:51 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• St. John's Wart
    Anonymous

• Oh, please don't take St. John's Wort. If you had side effects from Zoloft, you will have issues with this. You need to talk to your Dr. If you don't want to go on meds, I suggest you talk to a hynotherapist. But, please remember there is nothing wrong with taking medications to help you through difficult times. That's what it is for. It's better than being a danger to yourself or others.
    Anonymous

• Maybe explore Xanax. It's only a 4 hour pill. Pretty much in and out of you in 4 hours. It is very effect and on a low dose, very tolerable. Minimal side effects.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:58 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Speak with your doctor about your concerns. You don't want to take any chances.
    Anonymous

• I would recommend getting a prescription for klonopin. You take it as needed for anxiety and panic attacks.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 3:00 PM on May. 3, 2009

• meditation and breathing techniques. That's what works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:25 PM on May. 3, 2009

• If you don't want to take meds, then you have to learn to control the anxiety/panic attacks on your own...And sometimes that can be hard at first, unitl you learn ways to control it. It wouldn't hurt to look into SJW , or other holistic ways. Mckenzie, right on! I do deep breathing through my nose excercises, also...VERY important to stay busy, call a friend, anything to keep the focus off of yourself. I have never taken any drugs for my A/P attacks, never will...But that's what works for me.
    Its.Me.Again

Answer by Its.Me.Again at 9:30 PM on May. 5, 2009

• http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedies/Anxiety/anx_panic_alternative_therapies.htm#Supplements

http://www.naturalnews.com/019327.html
    http://www.amazon.com/Prescription-Nutritional-Healing-3rd/dp/1583330771

I have these books, they're great!. You can get them at local book stores as well.

B-Complex vitamins, sublingual B-12 (methyl form), calcium (I stay away from calcium carbonate, very cheap, not very asorbable), magnesium. This is just some of the stuff I take. You really need to do your research on vitamins & minerals, and the like. The book, Nutritional Healing, By: Phyllis Balch will help you to do this. I have the first edition, and second. I'm not telling you to take anything without first talking to your doctor, very important. Do your research.

I go to 'The Vitamin Shoppe', they love me there, lol. I wouldn't suggest buying any supplements, or meds online, unless you know the company.
    Its.Me.Again

Answer by Its.Me.Again at 10:29 PM on May. 5, 2009