As a mom, do you think it would be all right if.......................

a 30 year old male dated a 20 year old women who has "Turner Syndrome"?

**turner syndrome is a disease that makes a 20 year old look like she is 14**

Keep in mind that they wouldn't have a normal relationship because people would see the guy as being a pedophile.

**pedophile is an adult who prays on children, sexually**

for more information on the disease visit this site:
http://www.medicinenet.com/turner_syndrome/article.htm

NCIS05

Asked by NCIS05 at 3:18 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• no. she is an adult. so what she is not supposed to date anyone because she looks young? I am 24 but i look like i am 16 and my dh is 28
    Anonymous

• I think it is wrong to even suggest that it is not okay to date someone based on a disease or sickness they may have...especially only because of what other people would say.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:24 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong if she is competent enough to understand the choice and decision she is making. The awful thing about society is that everyone jumps to such negative conclusions. It's sad that this girl will have to worry about things like that. I think the important thing to look at is if he cares about her as a person, and if she is happy. In the end that is what matters, a relationship might be hard for them at first, but eventually if they really love and care for each other they will tune out society and it's judgements on them.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Unless it also gives her the mental capacity of a 14 yr old, then no, I don't think it is wrong. Up until a couple of years ago (I'm 30 now), I would get carded to get into or buy R rated movies(which you need to be 17 for). I often date men anywhere from 6-12 yrs older than me. I never noticed strange looks. And honestly, if I saw a 30 yr old man with someone who looked 14, I'd probably assume she was his daughter or neice or something before jumping straight to pedophile.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• It would be hard to constantly have to explain to narrow minded people,but if they are up to it,more power to them I say!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:25 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I know exactly what youre talking about...it is strange and weird when people see an older looking man with a younger looking woman cause I go through this with my dh...I look very very young for my age and my dh looks his age (49) and I look to be in my early twenties...people give us rude stares especially when we have all of our children with us ages, 28, 26, 18, 17, 15, 7 & 3...I really don't care what people think but my dh has a hard time with it...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't think much of it really. I looked like I was a teen when I married my older hubby (we're 16 years apart. I never questioned whether people would think he was a pediphile because umm... I was one month shy of 21 when we got married, and he knew me, he knew my age before we ever dated and our circle of friends knew both of us so they knew our ages too... it irritated me when people would ask me about my "Dad" or him about his "daughter" and his "grandchildren" but I laugh it off. No one questions me as his wife now tho... the kids finally made me look closer to my true age I guess.
    If she was my daughter, I'd have no problem with it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:43 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. Hell, hubby and I have no such conditions and sometimes he is mistaken as a 35 year old and me a 16 year old. Boy do we get looks since we have 2 sons. Oh well. It doesn't matter since we are 25 and 21 respectively.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:03 AM on May. 4, 2009