should i still have my period and be preganent at the same time? i am so scared

what should i do?

march_2509

Asked by march_2509 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you are pregnant and passing bright red blood call your doctor immediately.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My sister had a "period" the first 3 months with both her kids. She didn't even realize she was pregnant cause she was bleeding every month. Unless you're having horrible cramping, or it's more than just spotting then I wouldn't be worried. If you're scared though, you need to talk to your dr.
    karma30

Answer by karma30 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If your sure its your period I would say its normal. Happends to some women. If you haven't talked to your doctor about it yet, I would.
    mom2tocutekids

Answer by mom2tocutekids at 9:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• you cant be pregnant and have your period at the same time....if you def are preggo then you are having too much bleeding...and you should really call your midwife or doctor
    babyloverami

Answer by babyloverami at 9:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• u can surely be pregnant at the same time im 6 months now and i didnt find out i was pregnant until last week, because i had my period, it may run in your family like it is in mine, so dont listen to people if they say it cant happen, cause every pregnancy is not the same
    BabyNya913

Answer by BabyNya913 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My MIL was pregnant with my Bro-in-law and she had her period the whole pregnancy. He is now 34 so. YES you can have your period and be prego.. I would still go and talk to your Doctor tho just to make sure it is your period.
    krys1973

Answer by krys1973 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• call your health care provider any time you worry about anything! it will make you more at ease!
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 10:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• ANY unexplained bleeding in pregnancy NEEDS to be diagnosed. Unexplained bleeding that fills a pad is enough to be seen at your local ER or maternity unit (depending on how far along you are)

Yes, it may be a 'phantom period' but it could also be many many other things. I had third degree complete placenta previa diagnosed at 14 weeks and was on complete bedrest for another 6 weeks until the bleeding stopped and the placenta moved. I'm not trying to scare you- I just want you to be aware that if its a lot of bleeding, you should definitely hightail it to the ER for an examination.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you and baby are OK.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my moms best friend had her period with all 3 of her pregnancies all the way thru but id still go see a doctor.
    haylismama

Answer by haylismama at 1:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008