If the date you are suppose to get food stamps falls on a Saturday or Sunday, do you get them that day?

Or do you get them the Friday before?
Or do you have to wait until Monday to get them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would think that you would have to wait until Monday.
    Anonymous

• It is all done automatically so they will be on the card at midnight the morning you are suposed to get them.
    Anonymous

• It is all done automatically so they will be on the card at midnight the morning you are suposed to get them. ~ True story lol.

The only thing I could suggest is to call the call center tomorrow. There might be a reason he didn't get them this month.

Anonymous

• You get them on the DATE no matter what day of the week it is on. I know from experience. They are put on your card by a computer so the county workers do not have to be there for it to happen.
    crazy1974

Answer by crazy1974 at 4:32 PM on May. 3, 2009

• You get them on the date assigned, no matter what. It is all done by computer. Call your caseworker or the number on your card for assistance.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• In Idaho our food stamps come in based on the last number of your social security number. This month though they had a MAJOR computer glitch and I didn't get mine on the 3rd like I always do. No one got them until yesterday when they noticed the problem--in addition to the hundreds of calls they got complaining. Everyone here gets them no later than the 5th. But usually the food stamps don't come in until about 3am. The cash assistance comes in at midnight.
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 4:18 PM on May. 5, 2009