Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 3:32 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• AH HAH!!! they have made colored bubbles!!! sorta... they have these "glow in the dark" bubbles that glow a yellow or purple/blueish color. they are from a novelty shop but I let the kids use them because they apreciate the glow in the dark more than hubby does..lol I also put glowsticks in the tub and let my nieces or nephew have a "glow bath". they love to take baths when you add a fun twist. (just a fun suggestion .. not really question related)
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 3:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Good question.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• thats funny! I've never thought about that! I don'tknow.....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• You'd think with our advanced technology, we could figure out how to make colored bubbles...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• That sounds fun! I want a glow bath, now...

As for colored bubbles...I'm sure it's because of the dilution in the water but either way , it's lame. I want some orange bubbles, damn it!
    misfit_biscuit

Answer by misfit_biscuit at 5:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Wow... I'm going to have to find some glowing bubbles!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• OK so I had to google this question because I am a science geek LOL

"Technically, the bubbles are clear. They diffuse the light, making it look as though the bubbles are white. There is actually very little of the bubble bath material in each bubble, not enough to affect the coloring of the individual bubbles."
    RCrohn

Answer by RCrohn at 4:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• this topic made me laugh, and my husband goes into this long answer about why.... ugh...lol
    Cutie_Hijabi

Answer by Cutie_Hijabi at 10:29 PM on May. 4, 2009