how close is too close?

well i have a 2 year old and a 1 year old. i want to have another baby. my husband does too. i want my kids close but i just wanted to know how close is too close and should we try again

brownsugar22

Asked by brownsugar22 at 3:33 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is up to you and your husband an no one else. Who cares what other people are going to say? Some are going to say go head and try for another, some are going to say they are too close. You are going to opinions on all sides here. So in the end it really just depends on what YOUR FAMILY wants to do. In my personal opinion, I want my kids to all be 4 years apart. That was I won't have 2 kids in high school or college at the same time. That is something to think about as well...that if you chose to have another now they will all be in high school and college at the same time. That might be a struggle but hey if you are okay with it than go for it!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• it's up to you, why are you asking us? you already have babies a year apart, how are you handling that? sounds like you want another one, so start trying whenever you want to. have fun making another baby!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:37 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I think thats a question only you can answer. I have a 5 year old, a 2 and a 1 year old. I wish they were all close like the last 2. I really enjoy having the 2 younger ones only being 15 months apart...... my sister and i are only 11 months apart!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:37 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Me and my brother are 11 years apart. And it's terrible.
    We never had a real close relationship. We have hardly anything in common besides DNA.

My boyfriend and his sister are 4 years apart and he said he thinks that's too far also.

So, really, it's all up to you and your husband. If you're both ready for another one, go for it!
    =)

I want to have another one when our son is out of diapers. I don't think I could handle 2 in diapers.

Good Luck and Have Fun
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 3:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Well as long as you eat healthy before, during, and after each pregnancy I don't see a problem. There is some risk to the mother if she has closely spaced pregnancies and a poor diet.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:23 PM on May. 3, 2009

• It's really up to you and what you think you can handle. I want to have my babies pretty close together too, so if you can handle it, I say go for it!
    Sophia_L

Answer by Sophia_L at 9:25 AM on May. 6, 2009