My dog burps and is so gross!

Her food has not changed and for about a year now she has been burping. She is so loud and they are rather long, it's disgusting.
Any idea's on why she does this?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 3:40 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pets

• LOL LOL my dog burps pretty often - she's a German Shepherd, and she'll walk up and put her head in my hubby's lap and BELCH! It is soooo gross! She also farts, then moves away from where she farted because they stink. Wow... our dog sounds really gross right now...
    Maybe yours is just starting to swallow some air while eating?
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 12:30 PM on May. 4, 2009

• LOL really? I've never heard that. Give her a rolaid!
    Anonymous

• Same reason people do. My dog farts and he stinks soooo bad! So be grateful for the burping. LOL it could be worse!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:42 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My dog has nasty breath when she burps. But like CoreyLynn's dog, her farts are toxic LOL. I literally walk around the house to see if she pooped because it smells THAT bad.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 6:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My dog farts and will clear a room, burping...that's funny:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:58 PM on May. 3, 2009

• my dog burps right after she's done eating everytime never fails and the worse part is she'll come right up in your face and do it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:42 AM on May. 4, 2009

• : Breezy1988 my dog burps right after she's done eating everytime never fails and the worse part is she'll come right up in your face and do it
    lol, my little maltipoo does that, the little nasty. i guess its better than the rott and pit farting though so i am thankful that its coming out the top end!
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 6:54 PM on May. 4, 2009