i have this weird discharge, if it is, and worried if this happened to anybody else and if its normal??

i have this very white, cream like stuff coming out and i was like weird and was curious if it happened to anybody else before. My husband goes is it the mucus plug...LOL !!! Please tell me.

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 4:04 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Well, never having lost a mucus plug, I can't say from personal experience but from what I've been told it is typically more clear and many times pinkish tinged from blood and it just happens and is not an ongoing thing.

The whitish can be your normal, although revved up, discharge. I've had excess and it has turned from mostly clear to slightly whitish, my doc says it's normal.

As long as it's not strong smelling or itching you're probably ok. But if it bothers you, just ask your OB to do a pelvic exam and if he/she thinks there's an issue they'll do a culture.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2009

• If your are not itchy and it has no smell, then it is probably normal. Pregnancy discharge is whitish and called leukorrhea, it does become more copious as your pregnancy progresses

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 4:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• uhh thats normal discharge dont worry its kinda emberassing but I get it to...as long as it stays white and doesnt smell weird
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:39 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Thank you
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 6:04 PM on May. 3, 2009