Is there a chance i might be able to tell what my baby is?

I go to the doctor tuesday for an ultrasound and i will be 15 weeks. What are the chances i will be able to tell what it is we are really wanting to know.

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 4:06 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yes there is! I found out with my daughter at 15 weeks and with this one at 14 weeks. You can tell as early as 13 weeks, but the baby has to really cooperate and you have to have a really nice tech who is willing to take the extra time and look. (Some refuse to look or even speculate before 20 weeks)
    Also, check out the 4D places if there is one near you. They are awesome! Most have a gender determination package that guarantees they'll find the gender for you or you come back as many times as it takes. Plus you get a ton of pictures. That runs $95 here in south Florida, not sure how much elsewhere.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 4:09 PM on May. 3, 2009

• the doctor that i go to pretty much told me that he will do what he can to see what it is and everytime i go he will do an ultrasound so that is good. I am miliarty wife so tricare pays for the ultrasounds i was just wondering because one person told me i wouldnt be able to tell until 16 weeks it was a friend who is pregnant herself.
    proudmama930

Answer by proudmama930 at 4:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• probably really good. just depends on what position baby is in. Remember that repeated ultrasound exposure is not proven safe or unsafe. Weigh the risks with the benefits.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• ok its not like i am asking to have an ultrasound done everytime i go i am in germany and thats what the doctor does here. He says he does it to make sure the baby is growing right but i only go once a month.
    proudmama930

Answer by proudmama930 at 9:16 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I found out at 16 weeks. We double checked at 20. If its a boy its more likely to know for sure early on, but if its a girl, it's always good to double check.
    ProudYoungMom22

Answer by ProudYoungMom22 at 1:15 PM on May. 4, 2009