What is your opinion on Obama taking over the auto industry?

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/44256112.html
Absent free-market pressures, Obama Motors will produce cars born by congressional fiat (pardon the pun). Picture the Henry Waxman and the Maxine Waters limited edition models -- won't run, but the left-turn signals work great!

It's a scary prospect.

It was a mistake to put Chrysler on life support with bailout money. It wasted precious cash. It's a bigger mistake to put the corpse of Chrysler in the grave of a government-guided bankruptcy and reanimate it as a company owned primarily by the Obama administration and big labor.

miriamz

Asked by miriamz at 4:09 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• does it bother anyone that the one government force that was helping to drive the auto industry out of business is now what is controlling the business? sounds like a well oiled plan to me.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he will run it better. =Þ
    Anonymous

• Nope. We have to be patient and let this market heal itself. If the public doesn't want to buy a product produced by Chrysler in the amount suffient to support the company, the government can't make them. I hate the fact a company as large as Chrysler will close taking its job with it, but our economy doesn't tolerate voids. Some incredibly talented, forward looking, inventive person will move in, and we won't even remember what a Chrysler looked like. It seems like the easy way to handle this, but in the long run, it will come back and bite us. That bite is going to need stitches.

banging head into wall

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• What the hej j do you expect?????????????????????

He's a friggin Socialist>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Communist!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I'm not surprised I just wanted to know what people thought about it.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 4:43 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Chavez will approve, maybe he'll work a deal where they all leave the lot filled with Citgo fuel.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• LOL@NotPanicking :)
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 4:52 PM on May. 3, 2009

• This is all wrong The owners will end up being Obama, UAW and Fiat. None of which can do well in America. We will still end up footing the bill to keep this drowning co. afloat for as long as they remain in existance or until the Republicans take the office.
    I would not say for sure I would not buy a car from a co. in bankruptcy but I can say for sure i won't buy one owned by the UAW and the Government.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:01 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Our government has nooo business messing with private industry. Obama is creating jobs in Washington for people to "oversee" those of us who are lost sheep and it will never work. He said he was going to create jobs. I guess he told the truth?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:11 PM on May. 3, 2009

• The dictator can't lose the union votes, 4 million of them, for ALL the tea in China.

So we will continue to pay out the wazoo for them, even if they don't turn out a single car in a year.

They'll still be there.....................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:19 PM on May. 3, 2009