I would like opinions on a quote.

There will never be peace until God’s people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world. ~ Pat Robertson

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Terrifying
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:23 PM on May. 3, 2009

• LAME!
    IMHO that is a very ignorant statement.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I have heard this quote before, and I agree 100%. I don't see what the problem is, because we are all God's people. Each and every single one of us; we were created by Him and for Him. Once we all acknowledge that and begin to live accordingly, there will be peace on earth.

CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 4:35 PM on May. 3, 2009

• cool
    Anonymous

• Self-absorbed was my first thought.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:46 PM on May. 3, 2009

• What about the other billions of people on this planet that are not Christians. I was willing to give this man the benefit of doubt, but I have listen to a few of his interviews last week. He breeds ignorance and hated with every speech. That is not someone who should leading anyone. This quote just confirms this for me. Thank you cocoaQT for not posting "anon" even though many hear will disagree with you.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 4:53 PM on May. 3, 2009

• "I don't see what the problem is, because we are all God's people."

Don't we already have that? People already are the leaders of the Earth, and we certainly don't have peace. So something tells me that's not what he meant.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 4:56 PM on May. 3, 2009

mandaday- That is fine is you don't think that is what he meant, you are entitled to your opinion. I feel that people are the leaders of the earth but we don't have peace because we are not following God and living our lives for Him. Nevertheless, I am not about to get into a debate with you over how I interpret the quote. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine and that is the end of that.

CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 5:23 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Thank you cocoaQT for not posting "anon" even though many hear will disagree with you.

@fireball1978- No problem, I respect everyone's opinon so I have no problem providing mine. What is right for me may not be right for someone else, and I recognize and respect that so I don't need to post anon. My purpose is to answer the question from my point of view, not debate about how I (or you) personally feel :)
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 5:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Here are my thoughts

#1. I'd like to see the question he was asked or the other thoughts he spoke AROUND that quote to properly put it into context. I think we would take once sentence out from anything anyone has said and it be questionable without knowing the context or what it was in response to.

#2. That's Pat's honest opinion. If he feels that because Christians (REAL Christians) value peace and that if all of the world's leaders were Christians (REAL Christians) then there would be peace, good for him. If we want to be entitled to our opinions, he has to be allowed to be entitled to his own. It doesn't mean we have to agree.

#3. Pat Robertson is a nutty old man lol. The Daily Show did a segment called "Who said it, the crazy guy that screams on the street or Pat Robertson?" Most of the crazy quotes belonged to Pat. He's ALWAYS been known to put his foot in his mouth and say dumb crap.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:01 PM on May. 3, 2009