Has anyone had experience with head molding helmets?

My son has a flat side on his head and we were thinking of looking into the helmets. He is almost 7 months old now so I don't know if it is getting too late. He is fine and developing good. I just worry about what will happen when he is older..or if he will be made fun of if it doesn't round out.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 4:26 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No personal experience - but my friends' son was going to need one, and so did one of our family members. In both cases, it was recommended by the pediatrician, and they were sent to specialists. My friends' son's head rounded out on its own before they were fitted for the helmet, the family member's head rounded out when she was older, although she did wear the helmet for a short period of time as a baby. See what your son's ped/specialist thinks! And a fun idea - get the helmet painted like a football/baseball helmet, or with a character theme (spiderman, etc) if he does need one!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:39 PM on May. 3, 2009

• A friend of mine had one for her daughter at I *think* 9 months. There was a HUGE change (for the better) in 30 days! You could see the change that quick!

I wouldn't do it without the guidance of a specialist, though!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:11 PM on May. 3, 2009