Cycle day 23 TTC'er...

I'm cycle day 23 tested this morning and I received a negative so I guess my cycle will be appearing this week.
Has anybody got to the point where they have given up on trying?
cuz I have been trying for 7 months now and something that seems so easy is so hard. I guess it is not in God's plan. I am 34 years old, so maybe my body is just to old to work proper.

Thanks for listening and answering. I guess there are always a grandchild my 14 year old son can give me when he gets older. I am 138 lbs 5'5 so I am going to work on losing 13 lbs at least that is something I can control and succeed with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• OK first- healthy couples can take up to a year to conceive. Second- you mention a weight issue. Have you had your thyrioid checked?? A thyroid gland that is not functioning properly can results in weight gain and your ability to conceive. I had hypothyroidism and as soon as I took the medication I was pregnant the next month. That being said take prenatals now. The extra folic can help. Have hubby wear boxers if he doesn't already. Try new positions. If your uterus is retroverted (tipped toward the back) doggy style is better for conception. Above all maybe stop trying. When you are relaxed and enjoying the process, instead of focusing on the desired outcome, you chances go up. Especially if you have a good orgasm. If after a year you still don't have a baby look into fertility treatments. A blocked tube can easily be opened in a simple procedure. Good Luck !!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:43 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I have been trying for about a year now finally I am looking to my doctor to do some testing my cycles are irregular so I might not be ovulating correct (eggs have to drop...) One of the test I am going to get is a histogram you have to get a referral from you ob and try using clear blue easy fertility reader get a couple of them my ob said they worked for her some times we just don't mate at the right time. Then just pray and take prenatal vitamins and get ready for a baby bump. Don't give up your not to old! :0)
    Justababygirl

Answer by Justababygirl at 9:42 PM on May. 3, 2009

• DONT GIVE UP!!! I am recently pregnant and my husband and i tried for 2 years and it was so hard not to give up but we didnt and now i am 5 weeks along as long as all goes well we will be welcoming a little one in december, i am 32 years old so i know the frutration involved but it is so worth it when u get the double lines on the test!!!!
    luvmykids03plus

Answer by luvmykids03plus at 1:49 AM on May. 4, 2009