Any of you pregnant ladies out there have a cold? What can I do to dull these symptoms of tiredness and sore throat, major headache?

Any help will be appreciated, my kids are running over me today. And I know I can't take many things , has anyone eaten cough drops. I was yesterday he saw me and said are you suposed to be havng those?!

beyondaprincess

Asked by beyondaprincess at 4:44 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used some natural cough drops w/ just menthol and lemon when I was very early pregnant and had a horrific cold. The only other thing to do for medicine is Tylenol. My first OB, which I didn't like, said anything Tylenol makes is ok, but I'd check w/ your OB before I took anything like that.
    Non-drug rememdies: Gargle salt water for a sore throat, breathe over a boiling pot of water to clear stuffiness, tea and honey for sore throat (be careful of the herbal teas and stick w/ decaf).
    I'm sure there are plenty more where that came from, so maybe someone else can suggest some things.
    My husband's grandma swears that if you sleep with Vick's on the bottom of your feet (w/ socks on!) it cures a cough overnight. I haven't tried that, but it sounds a little odd.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 4:54 PM on May. 3, 2009

• When i was pregnant my doctor told me i could take cough meds, and that stuff thats in mucinex starts w/ a G. Tylenol is ok too.
    Anonymous

• thank andrismom I allmost drank Kava Tea actually was making it and went to go see if it was ok went online GOOD thing says it can cause miscarriages
    beyondaprincess

Answer by beyondaprincess at 5:14 PM on May. 3, 2009

• maybe the flu or that new flu is what u have
    Anonymous

• that does not answer my question but umm.... no that IS NOT what I have I have not even been out of the house to get it but thanks
    beyondaprincess

Answer by beyondaprincess at 9:47 PM on May. 3, 2009