When you have soo much going on, and have no time for yourself,what do you do to calm down?

I have a 2 year old son that i take care of, a 17 year old sister, my 18 year old sister in law, and her 9 month old puppy...Plus im preggo due in June... I have NO time for myself...and i feel like im going crazy.Sis in law is dating my best friend-so i get to hear both sides of their probs and they expect ME to fix it. My divorce will be final May 22nd and No one wants to hire me cause im prego...and i feel like im going to explode...Im going to church every week, and spend a lot of time praying and trying to figure things out...But everytime something goes right, something else goes wrong and theres just so much drama...Just a little advise...something to help me calm down,or a different perspective, something, anything...some kind of encouragement...cause im goin crazy lol

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 4:54 PM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• It does sound like you need to take maybe a day or two a week just for yourself. Which means away from your home even if its just sitting in the park reading a book, going to the mall to just window shop, sitting at your local bookstore reading and enjoying a smoothie. Everyone else's world will be ok while you take 2--4 hours a week to yourself. I know you also have a 2 year old and if possible maybe you can find someone who you have helped and you cna trust, to watch him for a couple hours a week for free, just so you get the Me Time, just you. Just 2 hours a week for just you, will make you feel better.

RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 5:00 PM on May. 3, 2009

• First, your two sisters are old enough to help you. Maybe not mature enough to understand the reasons behind it but old enough to try. My first order of business would be to sit down with the family and explain to them that you are having trouble coping with everything and could really use some help. You really appreciate that they come to you for advice, etc but would really appreciate if they could tone it down a little until after the baby is born. You really need some help with household things (come prepared with a list) and would they be willing to sign up to help with a few things? Treat them like adults and present it as you needing their help, it's a great self esteem booster and you're more likely to get results. You can ask for babysitting, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc on your list. Whatever is hardest for you. Do it again after this baby is born and ask if they are willing to keep your kids
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 4:59 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yoga. And make sure that you are getting the child support that you and your family deserve.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:01 PM on May. 3, 2009

• one morning a week so you can rest. They'll really appreciate all you do more if you tell them you have to back off and need their help rather than if you just stop doing everything and make yourself sick and stressed. Be sure to express your gratitude, even if they should have been doing it anyway.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 5:01 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I open the window, sit comfortably listening to the nice noises outside (hopefully nice anyway - we have birds and a creek), and I wiggle my toes and think about something stupid, like what if chocolate were never found - what would women love?

If you are in a house with people around you all the time, do it in the bathroom with the water running to drown them out. Really stretch your toes - I bet there's some science to it, but it relaxes me like no other.
    CubasFamily

Answer by CubasFamily at 7:07 PM on May. 3, 2009