sex before 6 weeks

who waited the full six weeks, who didn't? what other than the fact that your really fertile makes it bad to have sex before then if you're all healed and it doesn't hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think its th healing process. if it feels good and your ready to have sex... go for it!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:59 PM on May. 3, 2009

• ugh. why would you want to? lol j/k....It was actually about 6 months for me...well maybe 4...I had NO desire whatsoever. But I would wait just b/c you are feeling well doesn't mean that you are fully healed. They say 6 weeks for a reason, I think.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:59 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I waited MUCH longer then that. I believe that (don't quote me on this) before the 6 week period, the cervix is still open some, and can increase the risk of infection. Yes, even with a c section, because your cervix does dilate a bit in order to allow for the PP bleeding.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:00 PM on May. 3, 2009

• OP here

i had the baby vaginally, no tearing or anything though, things went really well.... my husband and i have had sex 4 times since. first time a little after two weeks. my bleeding and everything is virtually gone and i haven't had any problems. it's now been 4 weeks and 1 day since the birth.
    Anonymous

• I had sex twice before my 6 weeks... I tore and the first time didnt go all the way cause I wasnt as healed as I thought(I felt for my husband that night lol) and the second time went fine... In my mind it's your body you know how your feeling down there A LOT better then we do, so if you felt you for that then no problem other then you may end up with another baby faster then if you had waited.. Thats just me
    Anonymous

• I had a c-section and waited the full six weeks, but I wasn't even ready then. My husband however was. It hurt ALOT and I could have waited a lot longer.
    Anonymous

• i had a c-section and was extremely uncomfortable for 6 weeks. I didn't want to do it for the first 3 months after she was born. i'm expecting a baby boy and hoping for a successful VBAC this time..so, we'll see...I know I will wait the 6 weeks to recover though.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:44 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I had sex 4 weeks after giving birth. I delivered vaginally but had a tear on the inside so I had to get one stitch. I was going to wait until after I got back on BC but...I had a few drinks lmao. :]
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 5:56 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I had sex between 3-4 weeks post-delivery. It hurt very bad, I wouldn't suggest it. I didnt have any stitches or anything after delivery and it was still painful. After that I waited another 3-4 weeks to try again!
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 5:56 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My doc told me that if I felt ok at 4 weeks we could try I even had stitches.
    Anonymous