Is my pregnancy on track ?

O.k I found out I was pregnant about a week ago I took four HPT (I was in shock) and then called my primary doctor and told her to set up a blood test and hcg count while we were at it ,I got it done the next day and they called me the same day and told me "Congratulations you was pregnant "so I called my obgyn the next day and made an app. to see him and he is going to see me on May 14th due to my previous pregnancy's going by my LMP I should be 7 weeks and 1 day then but last night May 2nd I went to the er because I noticed I was spotting a little I stayed there forever ,they did blood tests and a ultrasound my blood test s came back good and my hcg level was 3297.0U but my ultrasound said they couldn't see a diffident baby nor yolk sac so my question is according to my LMP i should be 5 weeks and 4 days and I was wondering if that is a good count ,I am kinda scared its going to happen again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did you try googling it? I don;t know what the numbers mean but it seems high enough... but like i said i dont know... i'm gonna look it up
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 5:03 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 5:04 PM on May. 3, 2009

• As long as the number continues to go up it is a step in the right direction
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 5:06 PM on May. 3, 2009

• at 5 weeks the u/s couldnt pick up my baby either- they thought i miscarried because i was spotting as well but i waited another week and they did another u/s and my baby was just fine- i am now 30 wks and the baby is healthy and strong so i wouldnt worry just yet
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• This is not ment to frighten you, However, i had the same results in nov of last year and found out that it was a blighted ovum. where my HcG kept going up but there was no yolk sac and they could not see even the smallest spec of a baby. They "should" be able to see a yolk sac if nothing else. but that is not to say that you are different. i have heard of women going on to have normal preg. after not seeing a yolk sac or baby till 10 weeks. but you DO NEED to go see your Doc. ASAP. Call you OB and let them know what the ER said and he/she will more than likly see you that day or the next to see... it is very dang. to let a blighted ovum progress unattented. i spent 1 month in the hosptil after my blighted ovum busted. i am 15.3 weeks preg now with my very first child. so you can get preg. right after IF you wish.
    MommySai

Answer by MommySai at 8:46 AM on May. 4, 2009