I'm at a loss right now.. Please any ideas would be great!

My son is I'm guessing protesting baby food.. He gets formula and Juice\water in a sippy cup during the day and I was told when we went and got his shots last time to move him up to 3rd stage foods.. So I did,well now he wont eat them to save his life.. He spits them out. I have been fighting this for about two weeks now and I dont know what todo for the little guy... He eats puffs and little things like that and chews like he's got a full set of teeth.. He's 8 months old and has 3 teeth in and 3 more working on coming in... Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just water in the sippy cup, no juice. Give him real foods instead of the jarred stuff (have you ever tasted it?). Pieces of avocado, cooked sweet potato, cooked bean, rice noodles. You should be able to get a book called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron at your local library; this is the very best book on feeding babies and toddler. More information at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 5:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• You can also make smoothies with frozen banana, frozen blueberries, formula and kale

Answer by rkoloms at 5:17 PM on May. 3, 2009

• solids before age 1 is just for practice and the main source of nutrition still needs to be fomula/breastmilk. so if he doesnt seem interested dont worry, but also dont force him to eat! but keep trying to offer food at meals. if he tries some good! if not, let him play with it then end the meal and let him play. if he doesnt want third stage foods, but still like let's say...apple sauce or bananas, let him eat that, then try to offer the 3rd stage foods another time. or you can mix it with a food he likes!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:23 PM on May. 3, 2009

• OH yeah he most likely dosent like the textures of them. My son HATED stage three foods lol. Maybe try some yogurt, or just mash up some foods yourself. Baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter work well, as well as mashed potatoes and gravy and things like that. Try starting to give him soft things he can pick up on his own too, like bananas and such. And gerber has these freeze dried fruit things that melt pretty much right in your mouth that you could use too. You can also do flat meats like baloney or turkey breast cut up too, and little pieces of american cheese with crackers, kind of like a homemade lunchable.
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 5:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Whoa! You should be avoiding the allergy trigger foods before baby's first birthday. This is not a complete list, but includes dairy, soy, wheat. You can give baby yogurt made from coconut milk, but not cow or soy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• do half and half...half 2nd stage and half 3rd stages! My son does not eat green beans but he will eat them third stage...he is 18 months!!! You do what works best for you!
    Anonymous