Constipated?

Any suggestions on how to help a 2 month old baby poop? It looks like he's trying to go but he hasn't pooped in 2 days. I've tried massaging his stomach and moving his legs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i cant believe the baby have not poop in 2 days!!!
    take the baby to the ER, for crying out loud :(
    Anonymous

• A thermometer and lots of lube up the bum. That always works when my 3 month old is trying to go but cant quite get it out. Just don't wiggle it around, that could perferate the bowels if you wiggle it.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Um EBF babies can go up to 10 days without pooping and be ok. Constipation is not a reason to go to the ER for crying out loud.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Sugar water. Or karo syrup and water. Works like a stinkin charm.
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 5:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Is he on formula? Iron can be a cause of constipation. What I used to do would be give a 4 oz. bottle of warm water with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.

Also put a little bit of petroleum jelly around his bum, and just a bit inside. It will help ease the BM out when he does poop.

Poor little guy! Hope he feels better soon!
    Anonymous

• If the thermometer doesnt work try prunes before sugar and corn syrup. refined sugars are horrible for babies.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Is the baby not eating? Does the baby have a fever? If so...give the pediatricians office a buzz. You can also add a TBS of corn syrup to the babies formula or breast milk . The sugar in the syrup will help to ease the constipation. per ...my ped's office.

When this happened to my 6 month old, I used this method and it worked. Good Luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• He is formula fed mostly. He gets breast milk once or twice a day.
    Anonymous

• yeah try prunes, sugar and corn syrup.... this is a 2month baby .. IDIOTS
    Anonymous

• He's eating and no fever.
    Anonymous