When you had your first child when you brought him/her home did you feel like you lost your SO between him going to work and feedings and everything else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope
    Anonymous

• YES I DID!!!! i felt exactly like that
    Anonymous

• Not so much lost him but we decided when I got pregnant I was going to stay home with our son and not go back to work.. Which ment him working a lot of hours.. So I felt like a single mom a lot.. But I know what you mean.. Its hard but one day I just relized how much he really did help me with and how much at the end of the day I really did need him around.. It didnt happen til our son was about 7-8 months is when it happen for me but I'm sure a lot of mothers it happen sooner but I know what your going through and It will get better just give it time
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:32 PM on May. 3, 2009

• not really. he was home with me and our daughter for 8 weeks after i had her. and i'm expecting our son to be born this month (daughter just turned 17 months old) and he will take another 8 weeks off to help me with our children.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:41 PM on May. 3, 2009

• At the beginning because he used to work overnight 5 days a week and I wasn't getting ANY sleep. But after everything calmed down and his work schedule changed, I feel better :]
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 5:54 PM on May. 3, 2009

• sorry im anon :32, i read it wrong, i read it as 'when you brought your baby home did you feel lost between your SO going to work and feedings' which i did i felt so lost but i didnt feel like i lost him hehe
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah I feel the same!! my DS is 5 months now and hubby works graves and I work mornings by the time I get home hes passed out. SO yeah it lasts for awhile but at least with the feedings they get easier and things start coming together when a schedule gets established it gets easier I promise but its not always easy!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:35 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I did! I still do at times. My hubby has been working night shift for 6 years and I still feel like a single mom. I have good news though!! He is transitioning to days now!!! Finally
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 7:23 PM on May. 3, 2009