could it be my water that broke

ok im 33 weeks pregnant and i went to go to the bathroom and my underwear ws very wet so i put a panty lineer in and bout an hr later i checkd it ws wet bt not lik it had been earlier... could my water have broke....i smelled it and it didnt smel lik pee and i also didnt feel a gush or anything of that nature

babi_mama7607

Asked by babi_mama7607 at 5:30 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it could be, I would call your Ob asap and explain what happened.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Could be leaking or losing water too . might not hurt to have it checked out if it's keeps happening
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 5:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Well you could be leaking.My underwear have been wet like crazy as well and I have to wear pantyliners.I told my doctor I thought mine broke but for me I just have a lot of discharge and the baby keeps kicking my bladder and I pee without knowing sometimes.Does it smell sweet?I was tld if its your water it will actually smell sweet.
    krystaldawn_21

Answer by krystaldawn_21 at 5:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• You may be leaking your amniotic fluid. The gush you were talking about is when you membranes are completely rupture. I would suggest to go to L&D Triage and have it checked. It may be like other suggested uncontrolled pee or increased discharge but in L&D they will just make simple test and you will have the answer as well as the knowledge what to do next.
    The reason why I would like it to be checked if I were you is that if you are diliated and leaking fluid you are prone to infection.
    Good luck to you and your little baby bump :)
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 6:08 PM on May. 3, 2009

• it sounds like a leak (which is more common then you would think) but id talk to my dr about it
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:54 PM on May. 3, 2009

• yeah girl, go to the doc. with both my kids the water broke waaaay before contractions, just for your safety get it checked
    Agadaria

Answer by Agadaria at 7:24 PM on May. 3, 2009