really gross PLEASE help!

so, my oldest son went poopoo and I had no idea, then my 10 month old snuck in, opened up the lid of the potty (baby potty) and got into it... some of it in his mouth!!! I washed him off of course, but what else should I do? It can't be good to digest poop right?!?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 5:49 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol that is gross but he should be fine, brush his teeth really good though :P
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:51 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Lmbo. Sorry but I know I'd freak out in that same situation, which is why I laughed. Brush his mouth of course with toothpaste. I don't think it will hurt him to eat feces. Its pretty much just broken down food.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 5:52 PM on May. 3, 2009

• It actually is full of e-coli. I would contact your doctor or poison center.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 PM on May. 3, 2009

• lmbo my son use to try to eat his own all the time! I guess it was fun because mommy always flipped out about it lol.

He'll be fine
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 6:11 PM on May. 3, 2009

• rkoloms is right. My daughter got an ecoli infection at 8 weeks old just from sitting in a poopy diaper for like 10 minutes before I realized it was dirty. You should deffinatly call your doctor!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:56 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't think its that big a deal just rinse his mouth out of course and wash him off, make sure you clean out his mouth as good as you can then "brush" his teeth with a little bit of toothpaste to get the germs out, he should be fine. As nasty as it is I don't think it will be a big deal unless your older son had an infection of some kind.
    Anonymous