13 month old screaming?!

My son is about to be 13 months and constantly screams.I keep him entertained constantly and he still screams.Its driving me nuts!!What can I do to have him stop?

krystaldawn_21

Asked by krystaldawn_21 at 5:54 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It might be helpful if you could provide a bit mroe info on the circumstances under which he starts screaming. Is he truly screaming "constantly"? "Entertaining him constantly" sounds like he's going to be part of the problem. ..
    Anonymous

• My son did this too when he was around that age. Is it a scream of like im having a lot of fun or scream like he's upset. If its a good scream then he will just grow out of it,at least my son did. But if it is a discomfort scream then figure out when he does it and see if you can change it. I usually just let him do it in his room. I would set him in his room close the door slightly and just let him get it out. He usually only did it once. That all I really got. I never really tried to do anything...it was like he was overwhelmed or was just doing it for fun so I never felt the need to stop it. Good luck.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 9:00 PM on May. 3, 2009

• ignore the screaming the kid wants attetion and dosn't care if its bad or good.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:15 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think you stole my baby! HAHA! Whenever my son (14 months old) cries/throws fit and there is absolutly nothing to be done, I make a bottle & put him in his crib. I know most people don't think this is a good thing but I see it differently I guess. He gets to get his anger out in the comfort of his crib where he can't hurt himself, and I don't feel like I want to go insane listening to him scream. If you haven't tried it, there is nothing wrong with self-soothing at this age.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:35 AM on May. 5, 2009