what is the best digital camera to buy that doesn't have a delay and is under $250?

My last camera was so slow i would always miss my shot because it was so delayed. I just want a small camera that isn't too bulky and that takes good actions shots (I have a 2 1/2 yr old boy always on the move) for under $250? Any suggestions?

paytonpants54

Asked by paytonpants54 at 6:14 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Shopping

• Well, I'm not sure what you would define as bulky, but I'll tell you about mine. I have a Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS. It has a 12X optical zoom, an additional 5X electronic zoom, electronic viewfinder, huge LCD screen. It has numerous settings for a variety of pictures, plus a manual option that allows you to set everything. It doesn't have a delay that I notice, it will immediately take another picture, I often end up not being able to look at the pic I just took on the LCD b/c I push the shutter button slightly and it's prepping to take another pic. It's a 10.1 megapixel camera, and also has Smart Capture, and will automatically set up for the best possible shot, and detect faces. It was $249. After shipping, it was more, but really worth the price. If you go to kodak.com, and under store, click on Digital cameras, you can search on it and find it, and see if you are interested. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Canon Powershot S2 IS 5MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom

You can get it used from Amazon for under $250 - here

CubasFamily

Answer by CubasFamily at 6:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I had the same problem with my Canon Powershot. I hated that camera! I bought the Nikon Coolpix recently and love it. I know several people who have it and love it too! Hope that helps!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:15 PM on May. 4, 2009