allergies and eggs

My 8 month-old just ate some cooked egg whites (long story)... so 2 questions are: How long should I be looking/waiting for a reaction (she ate them an hour ago and her bedtime is an hour from now... should I keep her up longer?). Second question: if she doesn't have a reaction, is it okay to go ahead and give her scrambled eggs or is there a reason to continue waiting until a year to give them to her?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 6:36 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Generally food allergies show up shortly after eating I would say no reaction by bed time there is no reason to keep her up if your worried watch her through the night but done mess her schedule that will just make things worse for you. I might say continuing on eggs whites for awhile then slowly add in the yokes.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:40 PM on May. 3, 2009

• if shes allergic to eggs it would have shown ujp by now but id keep an eye on her in case...but dont mess up her bedtime schedule because theres really no need to..just check up on her every once in awhile make sure shes ok
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:59 PM on May. 3, 2009