Does your SO not back you up when it comes to your inlaws?

Does your SO just stand there when his/her parents are being rude and unneccessary toward you or how you run your family?

k_hall1784

Asked by k_hall1784 at 6:53 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• We're not married, but when DF was actually talking to his father back then, his father called me a whore. Out of nowhere, and for no reason whatsoever. I've only ever said Hi and Goodbye to this man mind you. And after that, it ended up in a physical brawl between DF and his father. Now they don't talk, not just for that but other things as well.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 6:58 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I've never had that problem but I sure hope he would.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:03 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i had that problem one time...i asked my husband if he wanted me to leave...he ended up putting his mom in a hotel on base the rest of Christmas vacation. He informed her I am his wife, no one comes before me...now I just avoid her so he doesn't have any issues with me being rude to her.
    MommaCocoaButta

Answer by MommaCocoaButta at 7:17 PM on May. 3, 2009

• No my DH doesn't thats is the root of ALL of our arguements. He thinks his parents are so damn innocent and mine are evil. But it is what it is. Karma is a great thing!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Actually I would never expect him to disrespect his parents no matter how they treated me. I chose to be with him knowing what they thought of me. So it would be my problem to deal with. Not his. And I'm a grown woman. I don't need him to defend me. His mother will always be his mother. Luckily I have a very close relationship with his family.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:52 AM on May. 4, 2009