sibling rivalry between me and DH

well we live with my parents (we rent out the mother in law unit of their mansion.... okay its not a mansion but its huge) and my mom ALWAYS sides with my husband, whenever i ask for something i get yelled at, if he asks for it she gives it to him. just now he asked to borrow money until friday to buy a phone and she said yes, i ask her to use the credit card to pay off my last semester of junior college and for my transcripts and i get yelled at. i hate it! i tell her she loves him more than she loves me and she says he helps out and isnt crazy. i think my mom wants me to die.

anything i can do besides talk it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• When my mom does that to me and she still can make me feel stupid.
    I tell her that it is really sad that she does not even know her own daughter.
    Because if she did know her own daughter she would know that her
    words and actions hurt.
    I can relate with you, just remember who you are inside.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:05 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Your husband needs to stop asking for money!
    Anonymous

• Get your own place away from your parents, and stop borrowing from them (you AND him). If you don't want to talk it out, that's your only option.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:04 PM on May. 3, 2009

• no she pays for my college from my 'college fund' so i have to go through her.... i want to move out but hes too much of a 'mother in laws boy' and says 'we have it so good here blah blah'

i think he wants a divorce.... BUT MY PARENTS WONT PAY FOR ONE FOR ME! hahahahaha. aint life a b****? im jk about the divorce, but really now.... glad to know i have people in my corner!
    Anonymous

• My mom always sided with my X. She would even say to me that I had such a great husband.
    Never said that I was a great wife and mother. It hurt me deeply but I never said a thing.
    I could not believe that my mom would always take his side.
    Funny though, she saw his worth when he left my daughter and I to live in another state.
    I would tell you mom how it makes you feel. I do tell her now, it was hard at the time because I was so hurt.
    Good Luck
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 7:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i try to tell her but she makes me feel stupid
    Anonymous