My baby has terrible diaper rash from her diarheah, Any suggestions???

Ok please dont assume that my daughter has sat in a dirty diaper. She got really sick and is still having diarheah. The diarheah has made her little bottom RAW. Weve been changing her ever 30 minutes to an hour and using cornstarch and what the hospital has dubbed "magic butt paste" (zinc oxide, questran, and maalox 1:1:1) and i cannot get it to go away. it looks so painful and she just squalls when i wipe her bottom at diaper changes. Anyone know any old home remedies? Im desperate and will try just about anything.

SaturnsMom

Asked by SaturnsMom at 7:07 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Poor Baby. That is so painful for her. Sounds like your doing everything you can. What your doing is all I can think of. That and time. I'M SORRY! I hope it gets better soon!
    vintagechicken

Answer by vintagechicken at 7:09 PM on May. 3, 2009

• thank you so far its been two steps forward and three back.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 7:10 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Leave her naked. How old is she? If she is not crawling yet, then put a kitchen trash bag down, put a towel over top of it, and let her lay on the towel and play and air her little butt out. If she IS crawling, still leave her bottomless, and try to keep her in un-carpeted areas.

Air will do amazing things for diaper rash.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:11 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I am so sorry that you are going through this. All I can suggest is to keep using the corn starch. It should help. It may be the wipes that are irritating her as well, maybe try using just a wash cloth with warm water to clean her off? Sometimes the stuff in the wipes can make it hurt more.
    Best of luck and hang in there, it will get better.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I did try leaving her naked for a little while I am going to try again. thank you
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 7:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• A nice warm bathe and nakie time....lol
    Desitin Overnight Relief works wonders too....btw
    justcallmebean

Answer by justcallmebean at 7:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• baby powder works great and a loose diaper
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 7:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I went through the same thing when my son was a couple months old. Dont feel bad. It happends. What i did was take an aloe plant..yes a plant and cut it in half and squeezed the aloe into his rash. then id put powder..or corn starch would work. then after a couple days i put just powder.

usually if its not toooo bad i just use desitin. Desitin works so well.

good luck!!!
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 7:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

• maybe its the diaper brand...try askin your docter if theres a type of diaper..u can try...but other then that i dont know
    jml2009

Answer by jml2009 at 7:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• first of all, don't wipe her with wipes for now...wipe her with a warm wet wash cloth, my dd just had bad diaper rash too, to the point that two spots had broken open and were bleeding a little...i was told by the doc to put her in warm water with two tablespoons of baking soda to help with the pain,..if you have to keep a diaper on her i was also told by the doc to put lotrimen on it, and if it gets worse or doesnt get better in the next day or so, i'd call the doc...i had to with my dd and they gave me a perscription for her diaper rash..good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:38 PM on May. 3, 2009