I don't know what to do?

My son is teething and even though he already has 3 teeth this is the first time he's been really fussy. He's napping now but all day today and yesterday he's just been really cranky. I know this is normal but I don't know what to do or how to help him!! He's not crying/screaming just whiny and fussy. He's like that if I hold him, if I sit with him, if I put him down, when I pick him up...all the time!! What can I do? I've tried tylenol and teething tablets but he's still just so cranky. I'm starting to go crazy...btw I'm a first time mommy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a cold wash cloth for him to chew on. You can only do so much sometimes, even though it doesn't seem to be enough. Just keep comforting him, because cutting teeth can be quite miserable.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:17 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Sometimes you just gotta let them go and be fussy. Thats the hard part about teething - sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.

Sometimes my daughter just needs quiet time - I put her in her crib, turn on her Baby Einstein's CD, and put a toy or two in her crib and shut the door. She will cry for about 5 minutes, sometimes 10, and then she will calm down and either take a nap, or sit and play with her toys. I go and get her (if she is playing) after about 1/2 hour, and she is just fine from there on out.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:18 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Have you considered he just might not feel good? Check his temperature.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 7:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• you didnt say his age,is he old enough to chew on some cheerios? or give him small pieces of fruit popcycle,very small pieces.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 7:56 PM on May. 3, 2009

• try rubbing ice on his gums
    nikalotta20

Answer by nikalotta20 at 9:06 PM on May. 3, 2009

• He might have more than 1 tooth cutting...have you tried teething gel? Do you have any teething toys for him to chew on? I always had something in the fridge on hand. The worst part is always right before the tooth breaks the skin.
    jjspringer

Answer by jjspringer at 1:04 AM on May. 4, 2009