what do u need for a newborn's frist day home from the hospitel

jml2009

Asked by jml2009 at 7:15 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• Think about where you will be spending most of your time at home and make sure most of the baby supplies are in that room - bassinet, diapers, wipes, small garbage can (we have a small one with a flippy lid and and little bags to fit - it gets changed daily), spit-up rags (we bought a 12-pack of plain white cotton diapers), receiving blankets, onesies, newborn hat, and snacks for yourself.

Relax, sleep when the baby sleeps, and enjoy! I wish you all the best. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:32 PM on May. 4, 2009

• a ton of newborn size diapers (you'll be changing at least 12 diapers per day), wipes and washcloths for cleaning up messy newborn poop, a boppy or other nursing pillow if you're breastfeeding, carseat

also, my newborn lived in those little side-snap shirts with long sleeves, wrapped up in a swaddling blanket for about the first six weeks, maybe longer. we almost never put him in real clothes.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:39 PM on May. 3, 2009

• If you're delivering anywhere other than your home-- carseat!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:14 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Well, first is the obvious stuff - bottles, rings, nipples, and formula (if not breast feeding). Diapers & wipes. at least 4 outfits (incase of blow out diapers) and some warm outfits for sleeping - its not safe to let a baby sleep with a blanket unless they are swaddled. Crib/basinet - or a baby sleeper that goes in the bed with you but keeps you seperate in case of rolling. And a baby midical kit (walmart, target, walgreens, you can find them pretty much anywhere) and I think thats it really. They don't need much when they are still tiny. GL! Hope I helped... =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• me** not my, lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• A bed for the two of you to go to sleep in, some diapers and wipes to be able to change baby, and a sign on the door that says "DO NOT DISTURB".

I swear my, my SO, and my daughter slept the whole first 2 weeks she was home.
    CarolynBarnett