If you get child support how do you use it?

Do you pay bills with it or do you let your child have it? I keep half of it in my sons savings account and let him have the rest for weekend money. (He gets $100 a week in support) I have seen ppl use the support to buy themselves things, this irritates the hell out of me.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 7:26 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Child support is for help in the welfare of the child. It can go for bills, food, clothes, etc. I don't think the child should get to spend it however he/she wants, unless you have an excess amount that doesn't have a specific purpose. I don't get child support, but that's just my opinion on it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I am supposed to get it, but it's extremely rare. When I do get it, I use it to get my son some clothes or new shoes (if he needs them and at 4 it seems he ALWAYS needs them.) Sometimes, I'll use it for a mommy and me day and take him someplace he loves to spend quality time with him.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:29 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I've received $10.99 total in lifetime support...lol. I blew it all at McDonalds!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I use it for food, clothes, housing, family vacation.. it goes in my banking and pays the bills.. takes kids out to eat.. whatever.. and they get whatever they want because they have a right to the money too..
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 7:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• The child support I receive is to maintain a standard of living for our children, it goes into our bank account just like everything else. I pay bills, get clothes, ect with it..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• when i get it i try to give the kids some (they are teens) and i use the rest for food bills and when i say bills i mean electric gas water first tv internet second
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:41 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't count on the child support but when I get it I usually give my daughter (17) spending money or pay her phone bill or take her shopping for things she needs. But mostly it just depends on if I get it... she only gets like $250 a month.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 7:59 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i get $75 a month it last for about 1 weeks worth of gas to get my girls back and forth to school
    whatitbebb

Answer by whatitbebb at 2:14 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Depends how much you get, as in my case not a lot, it all helps to clothe, feed and keep a roof over your childs head, im sure the reason dead beat dads dont like paying cos they dont want the mother to benefit themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 4, 2009

• It all depends how much you receive, whatever it all helps to clothe, feed, keep a roof over the childs head, most dead beat dads, probably just see it all being spent on the mother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 4, 2009