Have you ever ovecome lonliness?

I am lonely. I have a good mother who wants to be in my life, calls me etc. and is pretty good to be around for spurts of time. After awhile I get on her nerves. My husband is a good man and father and loves me and he recently bought a piece of property with three other men. It was without my knowledge. It was a dollar for legal reasons so it wasn't the money that bothered me. I have friends who check on me to say hi but nobody I feel emotionally connected to. I can't seem to make friends. Everyone is too busy or doesn't like me. I really need to get passed this lonliness. I have been in counseling for over a year. I am off antidepressansts. What have you done that works? Is it possible I am in lousy relationship all around (home, friends, work?) or is there something wrong with me? There are many things I like to do but I don't have anyone who wants to do them with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds a lot like you are depressed. I think you should talk this over with your dr. Let him know that the counseling isn't helping, and that you still feel lonely. He may put you on different med that help you see that you have no reason to feel lonely...you have a husband who loves you, and friends who care enough to call and check on you. It sounds like you have a great support system, but you just don't see it. Cafemom can be a great resource as well.

The best of luck with this, and let us know when things get better for you...cause I know that it will!
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 9:19 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. My advice would be to actually stop trying to make friends. Find something you love to do--a hobby or exercising or going back to school, anything--and start doing it. The friendship you crave will happen from there. Be kind to people & don't try to force anything. Just smile & be open to what happens. I know it is really hard. I don't have a lot of friends either but the ones I do have I am very close to. Keep talking to moms here as well. We might not be in your neighborhood but there are some awesome women on here. Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk. Hugs!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:48 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I remember when I used to feel that way. It is as if you are surrounded by people, yet you are still alone. Especially with the way that society is now a days, it is almost impossible to not feel that way. I still sometimes feel that way. I learned that I needed to build a relationship with God. When things are quiet and still within my heart, and I feel so lonely, he is the only one that can fill up that space. I pray and I try to help other people that might be lonely or need someone for whatever reason.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 7:51 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Your answer is pretty simple. You have to be comfortable with yourself first. Don’t keep reaching for others for your void. Once you achieve that it won’t become such a big issue in other filling your loneliness. Do some soul searching on why you feel this way. Finding things to do won’t solve your problem. It might be painful in finding your answer but once you find it you will have peace within yourself. Good luck in search.
    Anonymous

• wow I thought I was fine until I read this. I might be lonely too but I've just stayed to busy to notice!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i feel the same way. its like im greiving my old life before i had my baby. i lost all my friends wen i became pregnant, its so hard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 4, 2009