Facbook/ID Theft??

It is possible to be charged with ID theft for logging on to someones elses FB if they gave you their passcode???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No....not unless you were pretending to be them....even then it would be difficult to prove....
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:44 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Stealing someones ficticious screen name using their random passcode given to you by said ficticious person is hardly grounds for identity theft!  Unless of course said screen name and passcode gives you access to opening credit cards, securing a home loan and buying a new car!!!

Anonymous

• Thats what I thot about having to have their SS# and get Credit Cards and stuff. I did change his status but not as if I was him.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just get your OWN facebook account?! It's free isn't it?!
    Anonymous

• I doubt the govt. cares much about Facebook's Terms of Service. You might not be able to sustain an account with them, but I think that's all the punishment you would get (not punishment at all in my book).
    Anonymous

• ANON#3 The reson I did is was to be mean cuz he had messed with my cuzn he her baby daddy and a lot of bad stuff happend, so I was letting his mom know how he was acting towards us, and now he thraetning me!!
    Anonymous

• Well that's just really immature OP. REALLY IMMATURE.
    Anonymous

• I was going to say that's was not a mature thing to do. Things like that you need to just blow off!
    If he is threatening you then report it! You will get into less trouble that way!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:51 AM on May. 4, 2009

• if someone gave you the password, its their fault. what are they going to say? "Oh yeah well I gave her the password but she used it!" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Let him threat all he wants, if he was stupid enough to give out his password then he deserves whatever happens.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:34 AM on May. 4, 2009