How many moms only have one kid...and that's all they want?

Okay, so I've already been hospitalized once for my PPD. I used to think that I wanted at least three kids. But with all the horrors I've gone through with my daughter, I'm terrified that I'll get PPD again with another baby.

But there's this nagging voice in my head that tells me that people won't like me/accept me/whatever if I only have one child. I don't want my baby girl to hate me because I didn't give her a sibling, either.

I just don't want to deal with PPD again, it takes a lot out of you : /

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:44 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I only have one child, there is nothing wrong with having an only child. I knew that I only wanted one child and that is all I had,by choice. Only children are different then those with siblings, I have noticed this
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:47 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Personally, I think you are being a responsible parent. Don't worry about what others think and do what is best for you. Both of my grandmothers were only children and they grew up to be strong, college educated women. You will have more to offer your child not only financially but emotionally.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:52 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I'm happy with having one child.
    Anonymous

• I'm an only child. It's fine. Who cares what people think. Do what's best for you mentally, physically, financially...no one knows what you're going through, it's none of their business anyway...if they have a problem with it, forget them.

I have a 17 month old daughter and I'm 36 weeks pregnant with a boy. My husband and I will be done after our son is born. One of each, I think is pretty lucky... just being able to be pregnant and have a healthy baby is all that matters whether you have one or five. It's such a blessing.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:18 PM on May. 3, 2009

• dont' worry about her haiting you for being any only. When she's older she'll undoubtably hate for something anyway.
    lilnivy

Answer by lilnivy at 1:05 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I have only one and don't want any more. Best decision I've ever made :-)

Jazzdoll

Answer by Jazzdoll at 1:12 PM on May. 4, 2009