Breakfast ideas for a 17 month old!

I am totally running out of ideas for breakfast for my son! pancakes, fruit, waffles, french toast, egges and sausage and bacon, cereal! what else is there to make for breakfast for a 17 month old! Preferably something quick and easy he wakes up ready to eat, and if i dont have it ready hes not a happy boy!

luvmylilman2007

Asked by luvmylilman2007 at 7:47 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Dutch Baby Pancakes are yummy and easy to make! If you want the recipe you can send me a message!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Whats wrong with all of those things?

Try making more than one piece of french toast at a time and either refrigerating it for use later in the week, or freezing it for use in a couple of weeks. Thats what my MIL suggested to me, and its great. When I don't really feel like cooking I just grab a piece and toss it in the mircrowave, breakfast problem solved.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:48 PM on May. 3, 2009

• anything that he would eat any other time of day is good! Just have a protein, complex carbs,and a fruit is healthy!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:07 PM on May. 3, 2009

• whole grain bread (toasted) with little olive oil or butter and a 1/2 of a smashed avocado
    smoothie with frozen blueberries and bananas, apple juice, yogurt and kale
    oatmeal with dried cranberries
    whole grain waffle with sunbutter and blueberries

Answer by rkoloms at 8:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I make a big batch of pancakes (regular, w/fruits, choc chip) and freeze them. Then all you have to do is microwave them, 30sec per pancake :) I also feed my kiddos PopTarts, Nutrigrain bars, cinnamon raisin bread. I have tried oatmeal, but they won't eat it :(
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:18 PM on May. 3, 2009

• instant oatmeal,
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son generally eats a combination of any of these: berries, banana, yogurt, date nut bread or pastry, cereal, pancake
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Jeremiah's breakfast sounds boring compared to all that! He's 17 months too and mostly on baby food still. He gets cream of wheat with a stage 2 fruit mixed in for breakfast.
    MommyErin06

Answer by MommyErin06 at 1:42 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My kids eat the eggos every morning. The square ones you can break apart into little squares. they love them, my daughter is 17 months. Sometimes after they eat those they have a banana, yogurt or whatever else they ask for. They have the muffin tops as well, pop them in the toaster they are good you might eat them too!
    proudwifenmom06

Answer by proudwifenmom06 at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my daughter went through that i started getting chocolate chip waffles or cereal that she chose (such as dora)
    MelissaT84

Answer by MelissaT84 at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2009