For those of you that are Catholics... How long did it take you to memorize The Appostles Creed & or which one is the one recited @ mass?

Always had a hard time with this one because ot the too many variations though it seems evryone knows which one is being regularly used but me. It has always been one of my frustrations when attending mass. I'd like to better learn this as I did The Lords Prayer. Can someone help? Thank you kindly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I knew it by the fourth grade. and we only say the apostle creed
    Anonymous

• Funny thing, I went to catholic school all my life & you'd think they wouldn't allow you to graduate or at the very least pass you in religion class if you didn't know that... Not true, I never memorized it & was never given not even so much a test on it. So sad all that tuition my parents paid & they didn't even make sure I knew this . But I always feel lost. Any way I can find an easy way to learn now? I am older & my memory sadly is not as photogenic as it once was.
    Anonymous

• I knew the Apostle Creed by the middle of 2nd grade, I had to memorize it for my First Communion among other prayers. Now, I can't even think of how it starts, I guess it's time to go back to church.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on May. 3, 2009

• The Nicene Creed is said at Mass. It's a longer version of the Apostles creed, which is usually used for The beginning of the Rosary. The Nicene Creed is also used in other Christian faiths such as the Methodist. The others I can't think of right now. In the Nicene Creed catholic is little c, meaning universal not referring to the Holy Roman Church but all Christian faiths. Where as the Apostles Creed does use Catholic, Capital C.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2009