How can I get rid of this painful gas bubble with out having to buy meds?! PLEASE HELP ME!!

I have had what I guess is a gas bubble under my left rib cafe for like 2 1/2 days! It hurts every time I breathe in or move the wrong way all the way from under my arm almost to my hip. We can't afford even the cheapest meds and I am gonna go crazy if it doesn't stop hurting soon. Is there any thing I can do?

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 8:03 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• A pinch of baking powder in a cup of water may work
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 8:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Take a deep breath even though it hurts. Thats what I have to do, keep doing deep breaths until i you feel it kinda "pop". All of the pressure will be gone and you will be able to breathe like a regular person again.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:07 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Have you tried mint gum or a dinner mint. Mint is used to relieve gas. You may be burping and farting for a while, but you will feel better.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:27 PM on May. 3, 2009

• also if it doesnt go away, it might not be a gas bubble....it sounds similar to when i was having a gall bladder attack. so yeah. if it keeps going you may need to go to the ER. I had to have my gall bladder removed there was a gall stone stuck in the duct or whatever. I know you probably don't want to hear that, but I would be concerned if it doesnt go away.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• carolynbarnett - I tried that for like 10 minutes and NOTHING... then just a second ago I did it on accident lol. I felt a little pop down near my hip and it feels better there. Now it just hurts from like the middle of my side up lol...
    MotherHubbard78- I will try that right now...
    spiritguide-I don't have anything with mint and my hubby is at work for the night with the car. But I will deffinatly keep that in mind for next time! =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Thank you aly! I wondered if it could be something but didn't know of anything else that could hurt there... I will deff. call a doc if its not completely gone with in another few days!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:35 PM on May. 3, 2009

• gall bladder is on the right side...so that is most likely where you will have your pain...if anything, if it's not gas you may have pulled a muscle. Drink some ginger ale and try to burp and also do "twists" and "windmills'...you know with your arms, touching your feet. My mom always used to make me do this and it helped.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:33 PM on May. 3, 2009