A lil help please!

I'm 4mths prego I work a part-time work standing sum times up to 9 hours I already have swellens on my legs I get faint alot I can't go to the dr.right now my insurance was canceled I had to reapply what can I do to help the swellen its pretty bad in my left leg..I dont know what the dr is gonna tell me when i do go! any advice wil help..thanks..

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 8:13 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmm swelling can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, I would look up the symptoms. other than that drink LoTS and LOTS of water, salt is ok as long as its table salt and from canned/packaged foods, and make sure your diet is good... lots of protein, greens, veggies, fruit etc.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:18 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I had that a lot too during both of my pregnancies and am experiencing a little with this one now, my dr told me to try to lay down or sit and put your feet up as often as possible. Here is a link that might be able to help. Good luck. http://www.babycenter.com/0_swollen-extremities-edema-during-pregnancy_230.bc
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:52 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Swelling during pregnancy is normal and very common, especially if you're on your feet for a large part of the day.

The only things you can do to keep the swelling down is to wear loose or well-fitting clothes (tight close make the swelling worse). The same with shoes. You can buy compression pantyhose (you can find them at maternity stores).
    When you get off from work, stay off your feet as much as possible. Keep your diet as low in salt as possible.

Be sure you're staying hydrated.

Pre-eclampsia is very serious, but is rare this early on in your pregnancy. Signs of pre-eclampsia include headaches that do not go away and increase in severity over the period of a few days, dizziness ACCOMPANIED by spots before your eyes, a SUDDEN swelling of one body part of one side of your body (as opposed to all over). If you have any sypmtoms like THOSE, then you need to go to the ER.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:13 PM on May. 3, 2009