What does your quiet time consist of

I am looking to designate some time with God, but I dont want that time to be in vain , so I am looking to see how other mothers and women of God use their quiet time. And if they have a devotional time with their husband and children and what does that consist of.

Nehemiahsmom

Asked by Nehemiahsmom at 8:21 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I speak to God. I also read.
    Anonymous

• I pray and read the Bible, sometimes I read a book on a specific topic. I don't do devotionals with my husband but I do read a Children's Bible story book daily to my son and have a short discussion with him about it.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

• When whether permits I like to either sit outside and quietly enjoy the day or take quiet strolls in the woods. When weather doesn't permit I like to watch it, quietly while speaking to the God and Goddess. I also try to meditate but I am not very good at it.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:04 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Quiet time?? What the heck is that??

LOL

Just kidding. Sometimes it sure seems like I can't get any...

Quite time for me comes whenever I can get it. If I get a couple minutes before I have to get out of the car (even) to get my son from school I'll just close my eyes, take a few deep breaths and allow the energy to enfold me, for Spirit to visit me, just to enjoy a moment's time with GOD (the "allness" that IS). I lock myself in the bathroom, the laundry room, the basement, on our front porch, anywhere I can find a couple minutes peace througout the day.

If I actually have more than that, I usually like to sit in my room. I'll light a candle or two and just sit in a mostly dark room and maybe listen to some quiet meditation music. Breathe deep and allow Spirit to BE.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:14 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Well, with 3 sons under the age of 5 I havent a clue what quiet is anymore LOL.

Reading, watching tv/movies or being online is about as quiet as my days get.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I take a personal time out for God each day. If my 3yr old comes in I just continue until I am done.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:45 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I need time by myself with God. I begin by praying in my prayer journal. It helps my mind focus on the prayer and not start thinking about what I want to eat, etc. Then I read in my One Year Bible, I underline the verses that speak to me. Then I pray again for my friends and family and certain requests I have of the Lord.

: )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:56 AM on May. 4, 2009