Why do some Christians feel that "truth" is only found in the bible?

I have seen alot of this on here and with people I meet. Most Christians I know think that the only "holy" book that has any truth in it is their own. And I don't want bible versuses for this. I want to know WHAT, other then the bible, makes them believe their way is the only way!
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:30 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because that is what their beliefs tell them and some are not willing/able to look outside of box.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:35 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Most will say "you got to have faith."

But other than that, it's all totally subjective. I believe Christianity is all about circular reasoning. "I believe the Bible is true because God tells me so. I believe God is true because the Bible tells me so."

Not all Christians believe that their way is the only way though. And Christianity isn't the only religion that thinks they're totally correct.

But it is kinda sorta obnoxious and arrogant, if you ask me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• faith.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Ahhhhh what'd I tell ya :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:40 PM on May. 3, 2009

• cause it is
    Anonymous

• And I see some bible versuses coming my way as well. And I know Christians aren't the only ones guilty of this. I am just around more Christians, so they are the ones I get it from most often.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:43 PM on May. 3, 2009

• If you do not like the answer of faith then do not read geez...if only one answer is desired DO NOT ask the question. and it seems like you already KNOW the answer so why did you ask? Let me just say:
    faith-faith-faith-faith-faith faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith faith-faith-faith-faith
    faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith-faith
    faith-faith-faith-faith-faithfaith-faith-faith-faith-faithfaith-faith-faith-faith-faithfaith-faith-faith-faith
    Anonymous

• " kinda sorta obnoxious and arrogant"

funny, that is how I think of you
    Anonymous

• Every man is a liar, and only God is the Truth. Yes, that's in the Bible, but it is SOOO true!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:51 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yayyy, I have a fan.

I love you little anon buggieboo ♥
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:51 PM on May. 3, 2009