To the military moms

My fiance is thinking about going into the military,not sure which branch yet. I am totally fine with it because I new ever since i started dated him(6 years ago) he has been thinking about going in. I was just curious how you deal with it. How does it work for your family. Do your kids not go to daddy when he is home? Any info you have on the military life I would like to know!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband died in Iraq so it did not work for us.
    Anonymous

• look up the diff brabchs websitesi know the army has one i thinks its army.com/family
    if you look up the sites they will give you info for families
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:42 PM on May. 3, 2009

• OP.... I am so sorry
    Anonymous

• OP... thank you Mrs.owen86 i will!!
    Anonymous

• any time . my whole family is military lol so we have alllooked up alot of this one brother of mine just joined the army and another one is gonna join the marines , its crazy but we dont mind it hard when they leave but other then that it is not bad . i just tease everyone in my family that is in and tell them they look like monkeys in nice suitslol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:46 PM on May. 3, 2009

• OP.... Mrs.owen86---How long has your husband been in it? Is the pay and benefits decent?
    Anonymous

• he was for 4 years just got out , its not perfect pay but the insurence was great
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:51 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Each person/family handles it differently. You have to roll with the punches, and make the best out of every situation handed to you. My kids still adore their daddy and love being with him and spending time with him.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:11 PM on May. 3, 2009

• OP... Mrs.owen86...were you able to stay home?
    Zata...Thanks..very true,rolling with the punches. How long has your husband been in the military and do you like the insurance and pay?
    Anonymous

• We are an Air Force Family, my husband has been in for 10 years now, and we've been married for almost 7 of them. Its cool, it has its perks, knowing you'll be in different surroundings every few years and getting to know a lot of new people--not to mention all of the experiences you will have to go along with all of the different places. It has been a VERY RARE OCCASION that he's been away--he has never deployed in the 10+ years of his career. My advice is to find a position with a company that will relocate you when he gets stationed elsewhere--I work in retail and haven't filled out an application in 9 years, they have kept me in my management position in 3 different states now. You NEED something that fulfills you so you don't feel like you're chasing his dreams and not your's. It will also help you immediately gain a social network and keep you busy when he is away--you just won't be sitting at home upon his return.
    jahartman09

Answer by jahartman09 at 9:19 PM on May. 3, 2009