Is this normal?

I'm freaking out here i'll be 10 weeks pregnant tuesday i spotted today for a little then it went away me and my hubby had sex late last night.This has also happened b4 too.. each time we have sex the next day i spott for an hour or so...i been to the er but they won't do a u/s to check my baby they keep telling me different things...I ever get the same story. I have no cramping or anything this is my 3rd child my last child i had 7 years ago but his never happen with my other 2...Can anyone tell me why this is going on and is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• spotting is normal ..
    maybe take a break from sex for a little but as long as there is no cramps or haevy bleeding then you should be just fine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:39 PM on May. 3, 2009

• You might have an irritated cervix. I agree with Mrs.Owen86 and take a break from sex and see if that helps. As long as it is not bright red blood that is enough to fill a pad you should be okay. And as for the hospital not doing the ultrasound? That is really weird to me. Have you told your doctor that they won't do one? I would switch hospitals if you can. That is not right that they wouldn't even bother to check to see if the baby is okay even though spotting is usually normal.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:41 PM on May. 3, 2009

• No the blood is very light pink then turns brown.......no the er told me once they wouldnt do a u/s becuz the spotting did not have cramps with it and was not worried about it less it goes red with crapms all they did was check see if my cervix was closed an it was. and a UTI. i been 3times over spotting,first time i was told it was implantation bleeding .....I have not been to dr yet my first appt is not till middle may....I called to try and get in sooner but she said what i'm telling her seems to be normal long as it was not red with clots and cramps but i'm still worried:( i went to the er the second time it happen and ask them to least check for a heart beat at that time i was 8 week and they said no becuz they cant even hear a heart beat at 8 weeks on the machine not sue how true that is...
    Anonymous

• I agree with Mrs.Owen86 and Ash9724 as long as its just spotting it should be ok,take a break from sex for awhile,and id also switch hospitals because even if you arent having a problem they need to atleast check just in case
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• If this only happens when you have sex, then sex is the culprit. Even if your doctor hasn't advised it, it would be a good idea to refrain from sexual activity for awhile. Doctors will usually not see you until somewhere close to your second trimester...that's standard, unless there's a serious problem early on or you've been high risk before.

Hospitals won't do an ultrasound everytime you spot/bleed/cramp. Insurance companies will not pay for multiple ultrasounds, so they only use them when absolutely medically necessary.

A heartbeat can't be heard on a fetal doppler that early...at eight weeks, your baby is only about the size of a kidney bean, and the heart is even smaller than that.

Remember that every pregnany is different and needs to be treated individually. Although you never had this problem after having sex with your previous two pregnancies, obviously this pregnancy doesn't respond well to sex.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:04 PM on May. 3, 2009