Why do you think SOME unmarried single moms have a false sense of entitlement when it comes to child custody?

"I'm the mom, and since I'm not married to him, I can just take the baby and not even tell him".

"He cheated on me, so I'm going to punish him by not allowing him to visit our son."

"I just wanted him for his sperm, I don't want him to have anything to do with MY child."

What the heck is going on in our society???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it is the easy route out. if you co-parent or continue a relationship with the child's father you actually have to compromise and negotiate. even in good relationships. where as not letting the other parent into the child's life you don't have to go through all that and what you say goes unchallenged.
    Anonymous

• if he finds out he can take you to court i would file for full cusidy and if he cheated on you can you prove it that will help too but if i was you i would get a lawyer and file for full cusidy
    Anonymous

• Anon844-I'm giving hypothetical situation...I wasn't referring to myself...
    Anonymous

• I agree!

lmao at the first poster. Went straight over her head! lol
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 8:47 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Well, my oldest daughter's biological father has never met her. He could have been there for her birth, but chose not to, put me through hell with paternity tests and story telling and he has not once asked to see her or paid child support...in fact, he asked me to stop "harassing him" with pictures of "that kid" when I tried to be decent and send him pictures and updates about how she was doing (as hard as it was, I wasn't even snarky about it).

So yeah, I'm entitled to take my 3 year old wherever I want, have custody of her, provide a father to her who would be mad as hell if the biological POS ever came around.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:57 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I dont have the energy for a response really. Iam so over this crap... I wanna be a guy in my next life! Being a man is the ticket to freedom!
    Anonymous

• I am a single mom with sole custody, the sperm donor cheated on me, denied my son was his and ignored him for 13 years. I have done everything for my son, I have gone without the basics so my son can have what he needs, so he can play sports or go places with this friends. Sperm donor even asked to have his parental rights terminated so he didn't have to pay support (that was denied-he pays a whopping $50 a week). I never thought I was entitled to sole custody, but I asked for it and gave my reasons and the judge agreed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I have been everything to my son, he hasn't seen or heard from his bio-dad for the past 7 yrs and I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm not a single mom, im happily married to a wonderful man and he loves my son like his own. But since my sons bio-dad pays child support he technically hasn't abandoned him. At least that's what the law say's. So we just live our lives, if his bio-dad were to crawl up on his bloody knees to my door I would throw him a box of salt because of what he's done to my son.... So yes he's mine, I can do what I want when I want because I am entitled to.. He lost his right when he decided to have his freedom and be the pos that he is..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:35 PM on May. 3, 2009