Am i Crazy?

So I know that I dont want my kids to know her as "step mom" because me and my ex agreed a long time ago that our kids only have one mommy and one daddy... and our future mates will be "daddys friend" and "mommys friend" until our kids are old enough to understand why mommy and daddy arent together anymore...but i been thinking and im really happy that my exs new g/f and i get along very well... im thinking about inviting her to cafemom... She doesnt have her own kids yet, but shes going to be around for a while and she helps out with my son ALOT... So is it out of the ordinary for me to want to invite her on cafemom?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 8:43 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's great that you two hit it off...this coming from a stepmom myself. But I DO NOT get along AT ALL with the biomom. She's mean and nasty, even to her own kids.

On the other hand, My ex was living with his girlfriend of 2 years, and were once engaged. I got along fine with her. They even had dinner at our house on a few occasions.

So I think it's fine if you would like to invite her. In the long run, it would be great for your kids to see that you two can be friends.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 9:00 PM on May. 3, 2009

• no because she IS a step mom and step mom are moms in their own way to
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:45 PM on May. 3, 2009

• If you have a good relationship with her, I don't see why not.
    Anonymous

• Nah, I think it's awesome you two hit it off.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 8:45 PM on May. 3, 2009

• oh..so my answer is yes! so I think she can be on cafemom
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:47 PM on May. 3, 2009

• What if you have a problem with HER that you want to discuss on CM? Would you just always post anon? I think that might be inviting her into your life in ways you might not want. JMO but I'm a very private person.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 8:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• not out of the ordinary considering you can keep an eye on her here
    Anonymous

• No way and it's awesome that you get along so well! I've had a very friendly relationship with my step son's mother for well over three years now . I believe that's the best scenario for kids in this situation...and better for the adults without all the awkwardness.
    misfit_biscuit

Answer by misfit_biscuit at 12:04 AM on May. 4, 2009