wound infection after c-section

I had my son in September by c-section and got a serious wound infection and had a golf ball sized hole in my stomach,I started to attend a wound healing center and was healed up in January, but now 4 months later I seem to be having signs of infection and serious pain, if anyone has had the same kinda infection also, do you still have trouble with it? or should i go to the ER?

nikalotta20

Asked by nikalotta20 at 9:00 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• I've had 3 C-sections and never got an infection. You definitely need to call your doctor or go to the ER. This could be very serious. Especially it being 4 months later. Please take care of yourself and call your doctor. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:03 PM on May. 3, 2009

• The way my docs told me after my C-section was that if my pain at any time began to get worse instead of better that I should immediatly call my doctor.... I would deff. call an on call doctor or go the ER. It should not be hurting enough to really bother you.... I will pray for you. GL!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:03 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yeah, you shouldn't be hurting that bad after four months, even after you had an infection. I had an infection with the first because the doctor didn't get all of the amibionic fluid out. He ended up having to actually squeeze it out (man, did that hurt!). But I would say you should at least call your doc. That doesn't sound right. It may not have anything at all to do with the incision.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:14 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My mother in law had the same prolem. You need to go get looked at.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 10:22 PM on May. 4, 2009